About Kiddies Kollege
- Kiddies Kollege was founded in 1947 by Laura W. Shumate to provide quality education to children in Maryland and the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
- From the beginning Kiddies Kollege has always been the leader in preschool education, the reputation for quality education we have maintained for more than 60 years.
- Kiddies Kollege is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). We are currently using the Creative Curriculum for Preschool.
- We are staffed with qualified teachers who have a genuine passion for educating young minds. We carefully chose our staff for their teaching competence and their aptitude for nurturing children in their formative years.
The Kiddies Kollege Vision
Kiddies Kollege Child Development Center strives for excellence in providing child care programs and services. We also maintain our reputation for being a model of best practices for early care and education in the wider community.
The Kiddies Kollege Mission
Kiddies Kollege Child Development Center provides support in reaching our students’ highest development in social, emotional, physical and academic potential. We provide and maintain a developmentally appropriate and stimulating learning environment that enables each individual’s unique qualities and potentials. We are committed to excellence, diversity and inclusion, lifelong learning, partnership and collaboration, professionalism, and respect.
Our Goals at Kiddies Kollege
- to meet the social and emotional needs of children by showing them unconditional love and by providing a caring, affirming environment.
- to meet the academic needs of the children by providing quality instruction and learning experiences that help them realize their capacities and potential for academic excellence.
- to encourage, support, and strengthen positive relationships between parents and children.